Friday, July 31, 2009

Fish Hook Sharpener


When we took the children to Port Aransas a couple of months ago, I picked up this fish hook sharpener. I want to thank my dear friend Sherry http://sherrysjewels.blogspot.com/for the awesome tip! It works great to clean up the burs left on the wire after snipping with the wire cutters. I was using a flat file and sometimes the wire would slip and scratch it. This handy tool takes the work out of angling the wire. A quick rotation of the wrist while striking the wire down the length of the sharpener yeilds a beautifully filed end and no scratches! I use this tool almost as much as my round nose pliers. Sherry, your the best!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

OMGolly you found one!!! Everybody has been scouring San Ant area and there are none to be had at all. What store did you find it in?

For anyone needing and can't find local, it's here at Lansky's webstore -
http://www.lanskysharpeners.com//LFISH.php

I adore mine, and I'm so happy you found one!

Texas Wire Twister said...

Thank you so much for showing me the light, Sherry! When I use the sharpener on that 14 guage wire and then flatten it - it flattens out in a beautiful parabolic curve shape Every Single Time - Squeeeee!!!